This article discusses how to set up and use the software on your tablet, as well as the system specifications for controlling Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube devices with the official Fire TV Stick remote app.
How to Use the Remote Control App for the Fire TV Stick
You’re ready to use the Fire TV Stick remote app with your Fire TV once you’ve downloaded and installed it on your phone or compatible tablet. You’ll need access to both your Fire TV and your phone to do this.
How to set up the remote control app for the Fire TV Stick:
- Open the remote app for the Fire TV Stick.
- Sign in by tapping the Sign In button.
- Tap Sign In after entering your Amazon account’s email and password.
- Choose your Fire TV Stick or any other Fire TV device.
- Make sure your computer is plugged in and linked to the same network as your phone if you don’t see it.
- Switch to the input associated with your Fire TV Stick, or whichever Fire TV device you’re trying to control, on your television.
- Look for the connection request code number for the Fire TV Stick remote app.
- In the Fire TV Stick remote app, enter the code.
Your Fire TV Stick or other Fire TV gadget will be able to attach to the app.
Use of the Fire TV Phone App Requirements
The Fire TV Stick remote software is available for Android and iOS, but not all devices are compatible with it. The following are the minimum criteria for using the Fire TV Stick remote app on your device:
- Fire TV for Fire tablets is compatible with all 4th generation and later Fire tablets.
Android Fire TV: varies by computer, but expect Android OS 4 or newer.
- iOS 10 or newer is needed for Fire TV on iOS.
Other Fire TV units, such as the Fire TV Cube and Fire TV 4K, can be controlled with the Fire TV Stick remote app. This single app can be downloaded and used as a remote for all of your Fire TV users.
How to Use the Remote App for the Fire TV Stick
The Fire TV Stick remote app has the same features as the actual Fire TV Stick remote. It has the same buttons and performs the same functions.
The following are the only distinctions between the remote app and the actual remote:
- Instead of the circle button, the app has a touch pad in the centre.
- A keyboard is included in the software.
- A shortcut list is included in the app, allowing you to launch any of your apps at any time.
Here’s how to use the remote app for the Fire TV Stick:
- To select the currently highlighted item on your Fire TV, tap anywhere on the touchpad area.
- Shift your finger left, right, up, or down in the touchpad area while keeping it pressed down to scroll in that direction.
- Swipe from the center of the touchpad in the direction you want to go to switch your list without scrolling.
- To reach the keyboard, tap the keyboard icon in the upper left corner.
Say what you’re looking for or the name of an app you want your Fire TV to open by tapping and holding the microphone.
To open the Apps & Games shortcut menu, tap the Apps & Games button, which is located between the microphone and keyboard icons.
Any app or game in this list can be launched right away on your Fire TV Stick or other Fire TV gadget by tapping it.
The physical remote’s return, home, menu, reverse, play/pause, and fast forward buttons all function the same way.