How to Set up the Google Stadia Controller
What Is the Stadia Controller from Google?
Because Stadia is a game streaming service, no special hardware is required. It’s optimized for use with the Chrome web browser, the Stadia phone app, and Google’s Chromecast Ultra streaming device, providing a variety of ways to play. It also supports a variety of controllers but was designed specifically for the Stadia controller.
The Stadia controller is heavily inspired by popular controllers such as the Xbox One controller, the DualShock 4 controller, and Nintendo’s Switch Pro controller. It feels very similar to a Switch Pro controller, but the button configuration follows Sony’s D-pad and thumbstick layout. Additionally, it includes a couple of additional buttons that are optimized for Stadia.
How to Wi-Fi-Connect Your Stadia Controller
Unlike the majority of wireless controllers, the Stadia controller supports both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Additionally, it features a standard USB-C connector for charging the battery and connecting the controller to computers and smartphones via a wired connection. Although the Stadia controller includes a built-in Bluetooth radio, that functionality was disabled during the initial launch window.
- On a compatible phone or tablet, launch the Stadia app.
- Maintain pressure on the Stadia button on your controller until it vibrates to indicate that it has turned on.
- In the Stadia app’s upper right corner, tap the controller icon.
- Allow location access, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, if prompted.
- Select Allow location access at all times or Allow only while using the app when providing location access. If you choose Deny, the app may not function properly.
- Allow the app to locate your controller before selecting it from the list.
- Allow your controller to vibrate for a few seconds before tapping Yes in the Stadia app.
- Continue to confirm that you have read and understood the microphone privacy statement.
- You have the option of sharing diagnostic and usage data.
- Connect to by tapping (your Wi-Fi network name).
- If the incorrect network name is displayed, reconnect your phone or tablet to the correct network and retry.
- Connect by entering your network password.
- Allow for the connection of your controller. When prompted, tap Next, and then tap Done.
Your controller is now wirelessly connected and ready to use. If your Chromecast is connected and you can see the on-screen prompts, you can begin configuring your Stadia with your Chromecast immediately or continue reading for more detailed instructions.
How to Pair a Stadia Controller with a Chromecast Ultra
If you want to play Stadia games on your television, the best option is to use a Chromecast Ultra. It is the only streaming device that has supported Stadia since the service’s inception, and it is significantly easier to use than connecting a PC or laptop to your television. The setup process is straightforward: simply plug the Chromecast Ultra in, connect it to Wi-Fi, and then connect it to your Stadia controller. You’re now ready to begin streaming games to your television.
The following diagram illustrates how to connect your Stadia controller to a Chromecast ultra:
- Connect your Chromecast Ultra, verify that it is powered on, and change the HDMI input on your television to the appropriate one.
- Ascertain that your Chromecast Ultra and Stadia controller are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- If you haven’t already, you’ll need to use the Google Home app to configure your Chromecast.
- Maintain pressure on the Stadia button on your controller until it vibrates to indicate that it has been turned on.
- Look for a Stadia linking code on your television.
- Utilize your Stadia controller to enter the code.
- The code will be composed of buttons found on the Stadia controller. If a D-pad is depicted, push the portion of the D-pad that corresponds to the code’s light area.
- Return to your phone or tablet’s Stadia app and tap your avatar in the upper right corner.
- Select the Chromecast to which your controller was just connected.
- Select your Google account that you use with Stadia and tap Connect if prompted.
- Wait for the process to complete before tapping Done.
About How to Set up the Google Stadia Controller, hope this article helps you figure out how. You can let us know in the comment section. Thank you!!