To join a Hangout meeting, you do not need a Google account; instead, you must be invited. To use the function that allows non-Google users to join a meeting as guests, the user who invites you must have a G Suite account.
Hangouts is a Google website that enables users to communicate with one another, but it does not require a Google account to use. To set up Hangouts or use the platform, you’ll typically need a Google account. Many individuals who do not have a Google account can still participate in a Hangout if one of the event’s participants has a G Suite account and grants permission to external guests.
How to Open Google Hangouts in Gmail
- Sign in to your account at gmail.com.
- At the bottom left of the screen, press the Hangouts tab, represented by a quotation mark.
- You’ll be signed up to Google Hangouts. To start a new conversation, click the “+” button. To begin a discussion, enter the user’s name or email address. You can also create a new hangout community by clicking “New Group” and then entering a few email addresses.
- You will be taken to a chat window where you can begin typing your message. You can also start a video chat from here by clicking on the video icon or a phone call by clicking on the phone icon. You can also create a group chat from here by clicking the plus sign.
How do I invite a guest to a Hangout?
Again, you’d need a G Suite account to invite someone who doesn’t have a Gmail account.
- On Google Calendar, open the event and choose “Edit event.”
- Select the Edit Lin/Business Insider icon.
- Under the Guests tab, enter the guest’s email address.
- Simply enter the email address of the guest you want to invite.
- Then click “Save” to give a message to the guests.
Such guests will participate in the meeting through the link.
How to Contact a visitor in Google Hangout account
- Open the Hangout link to join a meeting.
- Once you’re in the meeting, tap the people icon in the upper right corner.
- Choose the icon.
- Stephanie Lin/Business Insider has added people.
- Enter the people’s names or email addresses, then press the “Invite” button.”
In Gmail, how do I connect to other Google Hangouts through email, video, and voice calls?
Group chats support up to 150 participants, while video calls support up to 25.
Additionally, photos, videos, maps, emojis, stickers, and animated GIFS are available. Google Hangouts is available on desktop, iPhone, and Android devices and can be integrated with a variety of applications, including Gmail.
Google Hangouts now allows you to invite everyone, even those who do not have a Google account.
Google Hangouts users have long complained that the service is restricted to Gmail or Google+ accounts. Google addressed these concerns today by introducing a “guest” mode that enables hosts to invite additional participants to a Hangouts session.
Additionally, organizers of Hangouts must have a Google account. Once their Hangout is launched, they can invite “external guests” (those without a Google account) to join the conference via Google Calendar. By clicking on a connection in the invitation, the guest(s) will begin chatting without establishing a Gmail account or a newly renovated Google+ account. External guests are welcome to participate on any web or mobile site, but they must be authorized by the organizer (and may be recorded at any time). Because the functionality is still being rolled out, if you are unable to do so now, you should be able to by the end of the week.
While this is an obvious benefit for existing Google Hangouts users, the new capability is likely to increase Google Hangouts’ adoption as a video conferencing and video chat option, and serves as a particularly compelling alternative to other competing video chat services, such as FaceTime, which requires all participants to use an Apple device.